Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
National Museum of American Art. Curatorial Office
Exhibition Records, 1988-1999
The Department of Graphic Arts became a division of the newly formed Curatorial Department in 1989. The Department was renamed the Curatorial Office circa 1992. The Curatorial Office organizes and oversees the museum's exhibitions and acquisitions programs, as well as researching and displaying the national collection.
These records document the exhibition activities of the Division of Graphic Arts within the Curatorial Office at the National Museum of American Art. Records created prior to 1989 were created in the Department of Graphic Arts.
Materials include correspondence, memoranda, proposals, press kits, black and white photographs, slides of artists' work, checklists, label/wall text, itineraries, installation materials and photographs, floor plans, invitations, guest lists, catalog text, budget information, visitor impressions of exhibitions, notes and related records.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- National Museum of American Art (U.S.). Department of Graphic Arts
- National Museum of American Art (U.S.). Division of Graphic Arts
- Woodcuts by Hiratsuka (Exhibition) (1998: Washington, D.C.)
- David Hockney: Grand Canyon (Exhibitions) (1998: Washington, D.C.)
- David Hockney's Snails in Space: Painting as Performance (Exhibition) (1997: Washington, D.C.)
- Contemporary Printmaking: Collaborative Prints and Presses (Exhibition) (1996: Washington, D.C.)
- Singular Impressions: The Monotype in America (Exhibition) (1997: Washington, D.C.)
- American Kaleidoscope: Themes and Perpectives in Recent Art (Exhibition) (1996-1997: Washington, D.C.)
- Peggy Bacon - Drawings (Exhibition) (1980: Washington, D.C.)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
- Floor plans
- Black-and-white photographs
- Color transparencies
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 01-100, National Museum of American Art. Curatorial Office, Exhibition Records