Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
National Museum of American Art. Office of the Deputy Director
Subject Files, 1995-1998
This accession consists of records that document the administrative activities of Charles Robertson, Deputy Director, 1986- .
Activities include Robertson's interaction with and participation on boards, committees and commissions both within the museum, the Institution and the museum community at-large such as, the American Association of Museum Directors; the Cosmos Club Presidential Foundation, the Victorian Society, the National Museum of American Art (NMAA) Commission, and the Historic Preservation Review Board.
Administrative topics include departmental interactions regarding exhibitions, collection acquisitions, development, external affairs, personnel, facilities, renovation and repairs, and publications. The files also highlight Robertson's interactions with Institutional offices such as the Secretary, Under Secretary, and Provost.
Materials include correspondence, memoranda, information files, reports, notes, and related records.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Robertson, Charles (Charles J.)
- Cosmos Club (Washington, D.C.)
- Victorian Society
- National Museum of American Art (U.S.). Commission
- Renwick Gallery
- Association of Art Museum Directors
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of the Secretary
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of the Under Secretary
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of the Provost
- Museums -- Administration
- Museums -- Collection management
- Museums, associations, institutions, etc.
- Facility management
- Museum exhibits
- Fund raising
- Professional associations
- Art museums
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 01-090, National Museum of American Art. Office of the Deputy Director, Subject Files