Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
National Portrait Gallery. Office of the Registrar
Collection Records, 1973-1988
This accession consists of records that document planning and analysis for the purpose of space management and space sharing. Facilities mentioned in the collection include the Museum Support Center, Post Office Building, and 1111 North Capital Street, and space shared with the then named National Collection of Fine Arts (NCFA) 1937-1980. The gallery was renamed the National Museum of American Art (1980-2000), and the Smithsonian American Art Museum (2000- ). The records were created and maintained by Suzanne C. Jenkins, Registrar.
Materials include correspondence, memoranda, reports, blueprints, sketches and drawings, lists of objects, notes, and related material.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- National Collection of Fine Arts (U.S.)
- Smithsonian Institution. Museum Support Center
- National Museum of American Art (U.S.)
- Post Office Building (Washington, D.C.)
- Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Museums -- Collection management
- Facility management
- Museum buildings
- Museum storage facilities
- Museums -- Space utilization
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 01-089, National Portrait Gallery. Office of the Registrar, Collection Records