Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications
Productions, 1976, 1989
These records document two productions that accompanied exhibitions: "Preserving an Architectural Heritage: The Decorative Designs by Frank Lloyd Wright" (1989), a 57 minute film, was produced to accompany the traveling exhibition, "Frank Lloyd Wright: Preserving an Architectural Heritage, Decorative Designs from the Domino's Pizza Collection," mounted by the Smithsonian Traveling Exhibitions Service (SITES); and, "Insects" (1976) a 16 mm film that ran in the National Museum of Natural History (NMNH). Materials include 16 mm original camera negatives and workprints; 1/4" audiotape; 1/2" audiotape; 1" audiotape; 8 track masters; 4 track masters; 16 mm ECN transfer master; 3/4" U-matic tapes; VHS videotape; Betacam and Betacam SP videotapes.
Restrictions pertaining to the use of these materials may apply (based on contracts/copyright). Access restrictions may also apply if viewing/listening copies are not currently available. Viewing/listening copies can be made for a fee. Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Wright, Frank Lloyd, 1867-1959 -- Motion pictures
- Smithsonian Institution. Traveling Exhibition Service
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.)
- Frank Lloyd Wright: Preserving an Architectural Heritage, Decorative Designs from the Domino’s Pizza Collection (Traveling exhibition) (1989-1992)
- Preserving an Architectural Heritage: The Decorative Designs of Frank Lloyd Wright (Motion picture)
- Insects (Motion picture)
- Traveling exhibitions
- Museum exhibits
- Architectural design
- Motion pictures -- Production and direction
- Documentary films
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 02-245, Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications, Productions