Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Production Records, 1989-2001
This accession includes records documenting the film, video, and radio production activities of John R. Paulson, Audio-Visual Production Specialist. Materials include correspondence, memoranda, and notes; production scripts, proposals, shoot schedules, and credits; release forms; contracts; budget summaries; camera reports; conference and awards information; and technical articles.
Productions documented in these records include: "Folk Masters from the Barns of Wolf Trap," "The Poetics of Line: Seven Artists of the Nsukka Group, Nigeria," "Radio Smithsonian," "Lewis Latimer," "Discovering America," "Monumental Propaganda," "Here at the Smithsonian," "Black Radio: Telling It Like It Was," "Ain Ghazal," "River of Song: A Musical Journey Down the Mississippi River," "River of Song: Music Along the Mississippi," "VIARC [Visitor Information and Associates' Reception Center] Theater Program," "Woody Guthrie's Legacy," and "The Colors of Invention: An Exploration of Color, Technology, and Culture."
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Paulson, John R.
- The Mississippi: River of Song (Television program : 1999)
- The Mississippi: River of Song (Radio program : 1999)
- Folk Masters from the Barns of Wolf Trap (Radio program)
- Poetics of Line: Seven Artists of the Nsukka Group, Nigeria (Video recording : 1997)
- Radio Smithsonian (Radio program)
- Lewis Latimer (Video recording : 1999)
- Discovering America (Radio program)
- Monumental Propaganda (Video recording : 1994)
- Here at the Smithsonian (Television program)
- Black Radio: Telling It Like It Was (Radio program : 1995)
- Ain Ghazal (Video recording)
- Guide to the Smithsonian (Documentary film)
- Woody Guthrie's Legacy (Documentary film : 2000)
- Colors of Invention: An Exploration of Color, Technology, and Culture (Documentary film : 1998)
- Intellectual property
- Radio programs
- Video recordings -- Direction and production
- Television -- Production and direction
- Radio -- Production and direction
- Motion pictures -- Production and direction
- Documentary films
- Documentary videos
- Documentary television programs
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 02-157, Smithsonian Productions, Production Records