Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications
This accession consists of U-matic videotapes documenting two programs celebrating the opening of the Arthur M. Sackler Gallery of Art. The symposium "Recreation with the Muses: Creativity in the Arts and Sciences" (8 videotapes) was held on September 11, 1987, and organized by the Office of Interdisciplinary Studies and the National Academy of Sciences. The Festschrift honoring Arthur M. Sackler was held on September 13, 1987.
Restrictions pertaining to the use of these materials may apply (based on contracts/copyright). Access restrictions may also apply if viewing copies are not currently available. Viewing copies can be made for a fee. Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Sackler, Arthur M.
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of Interdisciplinary Studies
- National Academy of Sciences (U.S.)
- Arthur M. Sackler Gallery (Smithsonian Institution)
- Recreation with the Muses: Creativity in the Arts and Sciences (Symposium) (1987: Washington, D.C.)
- Recreation with the Muses: Creativity in the Arts and Sciences (Video recording : 1987)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 02-125, Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications, Productions