Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Production Records, 1987-2001
This accession includes records documenting the film, video, and radio production activities of Paul B. Johnson, Director. Materials include correspondence and memoranda; production scripts, schedules, and tape logs; license agreements and releases; contracts; marketing information; budget summaries; and travel itineraries.
Productions documented in these records include: "If This House Could Talk...Historic Homes, Extraordinary Americans," "Guide to the Smithsonian" (Visitor Information and Associates' Reception Center film), "Jazz Smithsonian," "Remembering Slavery," "Piano Grand!," and "Piano 300."
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Johnson, Paul B.
- If This House Could Talk…Historic Homes, Extraordinary Americans (Television program)
- Guide to the Smithsonian (Documentary film)
- Jazz Smithsonian (Radio program : 1993)
- Remembering Slavery (Radio program : 1997)
- Piano Grand! (Television program : 2000)
- Piano 300 (Video recording : 2000)
- Intellectual property
- Television -- Production and direction
- Video recordings -- Direction and production
- Radio programs
- Motion pictures -- Production and direction
- Radio -- Production and direction
- Documentary films
- Documentary television programs
- Documentary videos
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 02-151, Smithsonian Productions, Production Records