Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Office of Special Events
Event Files, 1976, 1988
This accession consists of color slides of Secretary S. Dillon Ripley at the opening of 1876: A Centennial Exhibition on May 10, 1976. Also includes slides of Queen Elizabeth II's visit to the Smithsonian Institution in July 1976, and of the United States Air Force Band performing at the National Museum of American History on September 23, 1988.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Ripley, S. Dillon (Sidney Dillon), 1913-2001
- Elizabeth II, Queen of Great Britain, 1926-
- National Museum of American History (U.S.)
- United States Air Force Band
- 1876: A Centennial Exhibition (1976: Washington, D.C.)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 03-053, Smithsonian Institution, Office of Special Events, Event Files