Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Production Records, 1984-2002
This accession includes the records of Laura T. Schneider, Audio-Visual Production Specialist, primarily documenting her work on "Dream Window: Reflections on the Japanese Garden," an educational film to acquaint American audiences with the historical and cultural significance of Japanese Gardens and their importance to Japan's landscape; and the production "The Haupt Garden," an orientation video about the Victorian garden to be shown in the Children's Room at the Smithsonian 'Castle' Building. The records also include information about other productions such as "Smithsonian World," an educational television series that explored people, ideas, and events that shape world culture; "Search for the Tunguska Meteorite," a documentary film about the 1908 explosion in Siberia of a large meteorite; "River of Song: Music Along the Mississippi," an educational television program exploring music along the Mississippi River from Minnesota to New Orleans; "Piano 300," an exhibition video celebrating three centuries of people and pianos; and the "Smithsonian Video Collection," an educational video series focusing on the Smithsonian Institution's collections and research.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Schneider, Laura T.
- Dream Window: Reflections on the Japanese Garden (Documentary film : 1991)
- The Haupt Garden (Video recording : 1994)
- Smithsonian world
- Smithsonian video collection
- Search for the Tunguska Meteorite (Documentary film)
- The Mississippi: River of Song (Television program : 1999)
- Piano 300 (Video recording : 2000)
- Intellectual property
- Television -- Production and direction
- Video recordings -- Production and direction
- Tunguska meteorite
- Smithsonian buildings
- Motion pictures -- Production and direction
- Documentary films
- Documentary videos
- Documentary television programs
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 03-029, Smithsonian Productions, Production Records