Finding Aids to Personal Papers and Special Collections in the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Otto Mayr Papers, 1960-2004
This accession consists of the papers of Otto Mayr, curator of mechanical engineering and mechanisms. Materials include photographs of family; notes from classes taught at Rochester Institute of Technology and classes taken at the University of Rochester; files from a summer seminar on methods and history of technology with a National Science Foundation grant, 1970; correspondence, circa 1967-1980, with colleagues concerning professional activities and research on feedback mechanisms; manuscripts and research notes; and records documenting his official travel with the Smithsonian, personal PAEC (Professional Accomplishments and Evaluation Committee) files, and proposed exhibits.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Mayr, Otto
- National Museum of History and Technology (U.S.). Division of Mechanical and Civil Engineering
- National Museum of American History (U.S.). Division of Mechanisms
- National Science Foundation (U.S.)
- National Museum of American History (U.S.). Professional Accomplishment Evaluation Committee
- University of Rochester
- Rochester Institute of Technology
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 83-058, Otto Mayr Papers