Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
National Museum of American History. Office of the Director
Budget Records, circa 1981-1991
These records document Office of the Director budgetary activities for the National Museum of American History (NMAH) during the tenure of Roger G. Kennedy. Materials include outgoing and incoming correspondence and memoranda pertaining to Federal and Trust Fund budget submissions, allocations, year-end requests, and final account balances; private gifts and grants; NMAH renovation and restoration; and Congressional hearings. These records also consist of Trust budget worksheets; quarterly budget reports; information on the Afro-American Artifacts Project, Vietnam Generation Project, and the M*A*S*H Traveling Exhibition; minutes of meetings; financial records concerning major NMAH exhibitions, such as "Field to Factory," "Life in America," and "Year of India;" and personnel files.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Kennedy, Roger G.
- National Museum of American History (U.S.). Office of the Director. Afro-American Artifacts Project
- Field to Factory: Afro-American Migration, 1915-1940 (Exhibition). (1987: Washington, D.C.)
- After the Revolution: Everyday Life in America, 1780-1800 (Exhibition) (1985: Washington, D.C.)
- M*A*S*H: Binding Up the Wounds (Exhibition). (1983-1985: Washington, D.C.)
- Aditi: A Celebration of Life (Exhibition) (1985: Washington, D.C.)
- Report (Project on the Vietnam Generation)
- Historical museums
- Science museums
- Budget process
- Museum exhibits
- Museums -- Administration
- Museum directors
- Museums -- Employees
- United States -- History
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 95-077, National Museum of American History. Office of the Director, Budget Records