Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
National Museum of American History. Office of the Director
Records, circa 1972-1992
This accession documents the tenures of directors Daniel J. Boorstin (1969-1973), Brooke Hindle (1974-1978), and Roger G. Kennedy (1979-1992). The records consist mostly of Collections Committee records pertaining to purchases, loans, and gifts; minutes of meetings; insurance claims; budget, appropriations, and audit reports; inventories; product development and copyright regulations records; quarterly case files; records of loans to government agencies, acquisitions, donations, appraisals, and deaccessioning; annual reports; and exhibition files. Materials also include records of Douglas E. Evelyn, Deputy Director of the National Museum of American History that document planning for the Patent Model Traveling Exhibition. Some files also document proposals for The Papers of Robert Mills exhibition.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Evelyn, Douglas E., 1941-
- Mills, Robert, 1781-1855 -- Exhibitions
- Boorstin, Daniel J. (Daniel Joseph), 1914-2004
- Hindle, Brooke
- Kennedy, Roger G.
- National Museum of American History (U.S.). Office of the Deputy Director
- National Museum of American History (U.S.). Collections Committee
- Patent Pending: Models of Invention (Traveling exhibition)
- Museums -- Collection management
- Models (Patents)
- Historical museums
- Science museums
- Museums -- Administration
- Museum exhibits
- Museum directors
- United States -- History
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 94-014, National Museum of American History. Office of the Director, Records