Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Assistant Secretary for Administration
Records, circa 1989-1992
This accession consists of the administrative records of John F. Jameson, created during his final years as Assistant Secretary for Administration, as well as material from when he was Senior Advisor to the Secretary, 1990-1991. Consists of correspondence and memoranda pertaining to the Barney Studio House, General Post Office Building, Administrative Service Center, National Air and Space Museum, National Capital Planning Commission, Substance Abuse Program, Smithsonian Membership Study, Scholars Residence, National Museum of the American Indian, and Smithsonian Administrative Service Center. Materials also include information on budgetary matters, Freedom of Information Act, museum and storage facilities, construction, personnel, advertising, and space rental.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Jameson, John F.
- Smithsonian Institution. Administrative Service Center
- Barney Studio House (Washington, D.C.)
- Post Office Building (Washington, D.C.)
- National Air and Space Museum (U.S.)
- United States. National Capital Planning Commission
- National Museum of the American Indian (U.S.)
- Smithsonian Institution. Assistant Secretary for Administration. Membership Study
- Smithsonian Institution. Senior Advisor to the Secretary
- United States. Freedom of Information Act
- Substance abuse
- Museums -- Administration
- Museums -- Employees
- Museums -- Collection management
- Museum buildings
- Museum storage facilities
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 93-006, Smithsonian Institution, Assistant Secretary for Administration, Records