Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Office of Membership and Development
This accession consists mostly of information copies of reports submitted by Smithsonian Institution bureaus (including the National Museum of American History, Anacostia Neighborhood Museum [ANM], Chesapeake Bay Center for Environmental Studies [CBCES], National Museum of American Art [NMAA], and National Museum of Natural History) documenting activities, mostly exhibitions, funded by outside organizations (including the National Geographic Society). Materials include S. Dillon Ripley correspondence inquiring about and acknowledging receipt of funds.
Researchers should only use Box 2 (diazo version - REFERENCE SETS).
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Ripley, S. Dillon (Sidney Dillon), 1913-2001
- Anacostia Neighborhood Museum
- Chesapeake Bay Center for Environmental Studies
- Smithsonian Institution. Division of Performing Arts
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- National Geographic Society (U.S.)
- National Museum of American Art (U.S.)
- National Museum of American History (U.S.)
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 82-111, Smithsonian Institution, Office of Membership and Development, Records