Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications
This accession contains audiovisual materials from "Supertour," part of the Smithsonian Video Collection series. Hosted by Dudley Moore, the production tours 14 Smithsonian museums with commentary by museum directors and curators regarding their collections. "Supertour" was produced by Andrew B. Ferguson and runs approximately 60 minutes. Materials include Betacam SP, VHS, D1 videotapes, and one 1/4 inch sound recording tape.
Restrictions pertaining to the use of these materials may apply (based on contracts/copyright). Access restrictions may also apply if viewing/listening copies are not currently available. Viewing/listening copies can be made for a fee. Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Ferguson, Andrew B.
- Kennedy, Roger G.
- Beach, Milo Cleveland
- Harwit, Martin, 1931-
- Broun, Elizabeth
- Fern, Alan Maxwell, 1930-
- Talbot, Frank
- Hyatt, Vera L.
- Demetrion, James
- Williams, Sylvia H.
- Pilgrim, Dianne H.
- Moore, Dudley
- Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Arthur M. Sackler Gallery (Smithsonian Institution)
- National Air and Space Museum (U.S.)
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.)
- National Museum of American History (U.S.)
- National Museum of African Art (U.S.)
- National Zoological Park (U.S.)
- Cooper-Hewitt Museum
- Anacostia Neighborhood Museum
- National Portrait Gallery (U.S.)
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications. Smithsonian Video Collection
- Supertour (Video production)
- Museums -- Educational aspects
- Natural history museum directors
- Natural history museum curators
- Natural history museums
- Art museum curators
- Art museums
- Aeronautical museums
- Documentary videos
- Video recordings -- Production and direction
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 01-003, Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications, Productions