Finding Aids to Personal Papers and Special Collections in the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Lundeberg, Philip K.
Philip K. Lundeberg Papers, 1963-1998
This accession consists of papers that document the personal and professional activities of Philip K. Lundeberg, Curator Emeritus of Naval History. The papers primarily consist of correspondence and memoranda documenting Lundeberg's participation at the International Commission on Military History conference; planning for the exhibitions By Sea and By Land: Independence with the Help of France and Wilkes Exploring Expedition; installation of the Hall of Armed Forces History and the Naval exhibition; and Lundeberg's involvement with professional organizations. Materials also include personal information, photographs of the exhibition By Sea and By Land: Independence with the Help of France, articles written by Lundeberg, and a proposal for The American Military exhibition.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Lundeberg, Philip K.
- National Museum of History and Technology (U.S.) Hall of Armed Forces History
- National Museum of American History (U.S.). Hall of Armed Forces History
- United States Exploring Expedition (1838-1842)
- By Sea and By Land: Independence with the Help of France (Exhibition) (1981: Washington, D.C.)
- The American Military (Proposed exhibition)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 00-054, Philip K. Lundeberg Papers