Preparators' Reports, 1881-1919
Usage Conditions ApplyThe Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact email@example.com.
Consists of weekly, monthly, and annual reports of the United States National Museum (USNM) staff involved with the preparation of collections for study and exhibition, submitted to Directors of the Museum, including G.Brown Goode, 1881-1896, who served as Assistant Director of the Museum without the title of Assistant Secretary from 1881-1887; Charles D. Walcott, Acting Assistant Secretary, 1897-1898; Richard Rathbun, 1897- 1918; and William de Chastignier Ravenel, 1918-1925, with the title Administrative Assistant to the Secretary, in charge of the USNM. Materials include reports of the Taxidermist, Osteological Preparator, Preparator of the Department of Arts and Industries, Modeler, and Printer. Also included are reports of the Division (before 1897, Department) of Comparative Anatomy.
- Goode, G. Brown (George Brown) 1851-1896
- Walcott, Charles D (Charles Doolittle) 1850-1927
- Rathbun, Richard 1852-1918
- Ravenel, W. de C (William de Chastignier) 1859-1933
- United States National Museum Division of Comparative Anatomy
Series Level Description
- To view records that comprise this series, see the detailed list of accessions and/or record units below.
- For a history of the creating unit, refer to "Forms part of" above.
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
1 cu. ft. processed holdings