Usage Conditions ApplyThe Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consists of records concerning the identification, exchange, and distribution of specimens; collecting work, research, and expeditions; publication of manuscripts; professional activities; and administrative matters. Materials include incoming and outgoing correspondence. Curators represented in these records include Austin Hobart Clark, Collaborator and Assistant Curator in the Division of Marine Invertebrates, 1908-1920, and Curator, 1920-1950; David L. Pawson, Associate Curator, Curator, Research Zoologist, and Senior Research Zoologist, 1965- ; Klaus Ruetzler, Associate Curator, Curator, and Research Zoologist, 1966- ; Frederick M. Bayer, Curator, Research Zoologist, and Zoologist Emeritus, 1972- ; and Stephen Cairns, Curator and Research Zoologist, 1985- . Records predating 1920 were created by the Division of Marine Invertebrates.
- Bayer, Frederick M
- Clark, Austin Hobart 1880-1954
- Cairns, Stephen
- Pawson, David L (David Leo) 1938-
- Ruetzler, Klaus
- United States National Museum
- United States National Museum Division of Marine Invertebrates
Series Level Description
- To view records that comprise this series, see the detailed list of accessions and/or record units below.
- For a history of the creating unit, refer to "Forms part of" above.
Alphabetic, chronologic, and unarranged
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- Marine invertebrates
- Invertebrate zoology
- 15.75 cu. ft. processed holdings
- 7 cu. ft. unprocessed holdings