Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
National Museum of Natural History. Office of Exhibits
Special Exhibition Records, 1981-1993
This accession consists of records documenting the planning and production of exhibitions for the Thomas M. Evans Special Exhibition Gallery in the National Museum of Natural History. Included are photographs and slides of installation of exhibitions, artifacts, and openings; budget and financial documents; planning files; public relations files; newspaper clippings and reviews of exhibitions; and exhibition scripts. Exhibitions documented include "Aditi," 1985; "Magnificent Voyagers," 1985-1986; "Crossroads of Continents," 1988; and "Seeds of Change," 1992.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.). Office of Special Exhibits
- Thomas M. Evans Gallery
- Aditi: A Celebration of Life (Exhibition) (1985: Washington, D.C.)
- Crossroads of Continents: Cultures of Siberia and Alaska (Exhibition). (1988: Washington D.C.)
- Magnificent Voyagers: The US Exploring Expedition, 1838-1842 (Exhibition). (1985-1986: Washington, D.C.)
- Seeds of Change (Exhibition) (1991-1993: Washington, D.C.)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 97-012, National Museum of Natural History. Office of Exhibits, Special Exhibition Records