Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Record Unit 605
Smithsonian Institution. Office of the Secretary. Consultant to the Secretary (Frank A. Taylor)
Project Records, 1969-1980
Following his retirement as Director General of Museums and Director of the United States National Museum in 1971, Frank A. Taylor continued to serve the Smithsonian Institution as a Consultant to the Secretary, 1971-1977, and as a Research Associate for both the Office of Museum Programs, 1971- , and the Smithsonian Institution Archives, 1978- .
These records document Frank A. Taylor's work as both Consultant to Secretary S. Dillon Ripley, and as Research Associate for the Office of Museum Programs. Materials include correspondence, memoranda, reports, handwritten notes, budgets, and newspaper clippings regarding four major projects: the Mid-American Center, Arkansas; the Smithsonian Museum Support Facility; the Director search, National Museum of History and Technology (NMHT); and proposals for the last museum site on the Mall.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Taylor, Frank A. (Frank Augustus), 1903-2007
- Ripley, S. Dillon (Sidney Dillon), 1913-2001
- United States National Museum. Director
- United States National Museum. Director General of Museums
- Smithsonian Institution -- Administration
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of Museum Programs
- Mid-American Center, Arkansas
- Smithsonian Institution. Museum Support Center
- National Museum of History and Technology (U.S.). Office of the Director
- Smithsonian Institution. Archives
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Record Unit 605, Smithsonian Institution, Office of the Secretary, Consultant to the Secretary (Frank A. Taylor), Project Records