Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Record Unit 498
Smithsonian Institution. Office of Interdisciplinary Studies
These records document program activities of the Office of Interdisciplinary Studies, such as fundraising, symposiums, and workshops. Materials include the correspondence, memoranda, and notes of Wilton S. Dillon and Carla M. Borden; fundraising information; and schedules, reports, planning information, invitations, brochures, and audio cassette recordings for the following symposia: "Kin and Communities: The Peopling of America"; "Completing the Food Chain"; "Constitutional Roots, Rights, and Responsibilities"; "World Food Prize"; "Canvas of Culture: Rediscovery of the Past as Adaptation for the Future"; "How Humans Adapt: A Biocultural Odyssey"; "Man and Beast Revisited"; "Road after 1984: High Technology and Human Freedom"; and "The United States in the World."
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Dillon, Wilton S., 1923-
- Borden, Carla M.
- Kin and Communities: The Peopling of America (Symposium)
- Completing the Food Chain (Symposium)
- Constitutional Roots, Rights and Responsibilities (Symposium) (1987: Washington, D.C.)
- World Food Prize (Symposium)
- Canvas of Culture: Rediscovery of the Past as Adaptation for the Future (Symposium)
- How Humans Adapt: A Biocultural Odyssey (Symposium)
- Man and Beast Revisited (Symposium) (1986: Front Royal, Va.)
- Road after 1984: High Technology and Human Freedom (Symposium)
- The United States in the World (Symposium)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Record Unit 498, Smithsonian Institution, Office of Interdisciplinary Studies, Records