Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Record Unit 496
Smithsonian Institution. Office of Symposia and Seminars
Records, circa 1971-1984
This collection includes correspondence, memoranda, brochures, announcements, background materials, audiotapes, videotapes, grant contracts, program reports, reading files, schedules, photographs, and expense reports concerning the following symposia: Kin and Communities: The Peopling of America; Family Policy Forum; Festival of India; Man and Beast Revisited; Road after 1984: High Technology and Human Freedom, and The Nature of Scientific Discovery. This record unit also contains information about the High School Scholars at the Smithsonian program.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- High School Scholars at the Smithsonian
- Kin and Communities: The Peopling of America (Symposium) (1976-1977: Washington, D.C.)
- Family Policy Forum (Symposium)
- Festival of India (Symposium)
- Man and Beast Revisited (Symposium) (1986: Front Royal, Va.)
- Road after 1984: High Technology and Human Freedom (Symposium)
- The Nature of Scientific Discovery (Symposium)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Record Unit 496, Smithsonian Institution, Office of Symposia and Seminars, Records