Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Record Unit 495
Smithsonian Institution. Office of Interdisciplinary Studies
Records, circa 1978-1991
The records include correspondence, memoranda, announcements, publication contracts, photographs, grant information, lecture agreements, reports, brochures, research materials, resumes, and publication information for the following symposia: Kin and Communities: The Peopling of America; Constitutional Roots, Rights, and Responsibilities; World Food Prize; The Muses Flee Hitler; Man and Beast Revisited; Road after 1984: High Technology and Human Freedom; and The United States in the World. The records were maintained by Wilton S. Dillon, Director of the Division of Seminars, 1969-1970; Director of the Office of Seminars, 1971-1974; Director of the Office of Symposia and Seminars, 1974-1987; and Director of the Office of Interdisciplinary Studies, 1987-1989. The records were also maintained by Carla M. Borden an assistant, specialist, Deputy Director, Associate Director, and Acting Director of the Office from 1976 to 1992.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Dillon, Wilton S., 1923-
- Borden, Carla M.
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of Academic Programs. Division of Seminars
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of Seminars
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of Symposia and Seminars
- Kin and Communities: The Peopling of America (Symposium) (1976-1977: Washington, D.C.)
- Constitutional Roots, Rights and Responsibilities (Symposium) (1987: Washington, D.C.)
- World Food Prize (Symposium)
- The Muses Flee Hitler (Symposium) (1980: Washington, D.C.)
- Man and Beast Revisited (Symposium) (1986: Front Royal, Va.)
- Road after 1984: High Technology and Human Freedom (Symposium)
- United States in the World (Symposium) (1976: Washington, D.C.)
- Interdisciplinary approach in education
- Congresses and conventions
- Museums -- Public relations
- Museums -- Educational aspects
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Record Unit 495, Smithsonian Institution, Office of Interdisciplinary Studies, Records