Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Record Unit 289
Publicity Records, 1897-1973
These records consist of newspaper and journal articles concerning the Cooper-Hewitt Museum's exhibitions, the closing of the Cooper Union Museum of Decorative Arts in 1963, the Museum's transfer to the Smithsonian Institution in 1968, and the Museum's relocation to the Carnegie Mansion in 1970. Included are exhibition albums consisting of photographs, catalogues, news releases, and announcement cards, 1952-1956; exhibit posters; a staff register of the Cooper Union staff members, 1955-1956; a booklet on restoration published by the Museum, 1961; a print of Peter Cooper; reprints about the Cooper Union Museum and the Cooper Union School for the Advancement of Science and Arts; and a museum visitor register, 1968-1969.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Record Unit 289, Cooper-Hewitt Museum, Publicity Records