Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Record Unit 117
Smithsonian Institution. Assistant Secretary in charge of the United States National Museum
Correspondence and Memoranda, 1884-1939
These records consist of copies of telegrams, official reports, memoranda, and correspondence between administrators of the United States National Museum, other divisions of the Smithsonian Institution, and government officials and other persons outside the Smithsonian. People represented in the records include G. Brown Goode, Richard Rathbun, William de Chastignier Ravenel, Charles D. Walcott, Alexander Wetmore, and Frederick William True.
Record unit available on microfilm.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Goode, G. Brown (George Brown), 1851-1896
- Rathbun, Richard, 1852-1918
- Ravenel, W. de C. (William de Chastignier), 1859-1933
- Walcott, Charles D., (Charles Doolittle), 1850-1927
- Wetmore, Alexander, 1886-1978
- True, Frederick William, 1858-1914
- United States National Museum. Executive Curator
- United States National Museum
- American Patent Centennial (1891)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Record Unit 117, Smithsonian Institution, Assistant Secretary in charge of the United States National Museum, Correspondence and Memoranda