Narrow Your Results
Filter Your Results
Smithsonian Records InformationClose Browse official records created at the Smithsonian Institution’s museums, research centers, libraries, and archives, now in the Smithsonian Institution Archives’ collections. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics or disciplines.
Smithsonian Museum & Research Centers InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting the history and research of major Smithsonian divisions. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by museum or research center.
- All (136)
- National Museum of American History (135)
- United States National Museum (41)
- National Museum of Natural History (8)
- Smithsonian American Art Museum (5)
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden (4)
- National Air and Space Museum (4)
- National Portrait Gallery (4)
- Smithsonian Institution Building (3)
- National Postal Museum (3)
- National Zoological Park (3)
- Freer Gallery of Art (2)
- Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum (2)
- Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (2)
- National Museum of the American Indian (1)
- Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute (1)
- National Museum of African Art (1)
- + Show More
- - Show Less
Expeditions InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting scientific and collecting expeditions either affiliated with the Smithsonian, or with which Smithsonian researchers participated. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by geographic regions predominantly represented in expedition records.
Personal Papers InformationClose Browse papers and special collections created by institutions and persons who have contributed to and collaborated with the Smithsonian. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics and disciplines.
Oral Histories InformationClose Browse oral and video history collections containing interviews with current and retired Smithsonian staff, and others who have made significant contributions to the Institution. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics or disciplines.
Did you find what you were looking for? A gift to the Archives will help us make more of our collections accessible!Donate Now