In commemoration of National Dental Hygiene Month, the Smithsonian Institution Archives presents a selection of photographs of dentists and dental researchers from the Science Service collection, Accession 90-105.
National Museum of American History curator Audrey Blyman Davis (November 9, 1933 - August 29, 2006) brought these Science Service records to the Smithsonian. After Dr. Davis retired from the Smithsonian in 1993, she helped to found the Dr. Samuel D. Harris National Museum of Dentistry in Baltimore, which is now a Smithsonian affiliate museum and is open (no pun intended) to the public throughout the year.
- "Audrey Blyman Davis, 9 November 1933-29 August 2006," by Ramunas Kondratas, Journal of the History of Science Society, 2008
- Dr. Samuel D. Harris National Museum of Dentistry, website
- Dental Chair, Smithsonian National Museum of American History, ID Number: MG.M-10600
- "The Tooth Fairy File," Smithsonian National Museum of American History YouTube Channel
- Dentist, ca. 1855, daguerreotype with applied color, Smithsonian American Art Museum, Museum, ID Number 1994.91.229
- Dentist Baseball Team, Howard University, 1930s, Black History Album Flickr