The Bigger Picture: Visual Archives and the Smithsonian
Link Love: 4/21/2017
by Effie Kapsalis on April 21, 2017
- Get ready for this summer's big installation at the National Building Museum: Hive. [via WAPO]
- Want to play old school games like Frogger? The Internet Archive has a Mac game emulator for you! [via Wired]
- Produce art. [via Colossal]
- A series of tutorials from the American Alliance of Museums, Becoming a Data Startup (for museums). [via AAM]
- 470,000 images from Europeana are now available in Creative Commons via the Europeana API. [via Info Docket]
- In preparation for this weekend's Earth Optimism Summit hosted by the Smithsonian, a look at the Smithsonian's history of conservation science. [via Smithsonian Insider]
- One-stop (free) shopping for NASA's entire photo archive! [via Vice]
- Inside the NY Times morgue files.
- 3 entries in the Peeps diorama contest featured the Kusama exhibit at the Hirshhorn! [via Food & Wine]
- 2 fun Twitter accounts brought to you by bots: How Bots See Art and Public Domain Cut-Up.
- Hear an extinct language from 6000 years ago. [via Open Culture]
Leave a comment
Connecting you to America’s past with a behind-the-scenes exploration of the Smithsonian’s history, treasures, and the challenges that Archives face preserving collections. More details...