- Check out the new Flickr Commons set of Timothy O'Sullivan photos from the Library of Congress and the Smithsonian American Art Museum, and if you're in the DC area, be sure to go see the associated exhibition .
- Indicommons adds to the conversation about the backlog on the Flickr Commons. The National Archives just launched on the Commons. The Commons is vital, virile, virtual, and viral!
- Magnum's Photo Archives have been sold to the Dell Computer founder and billionaire. (Also, see the NYT Lens blog's interesting take on the stories the backside of these photos can tell.)
- What makes a successful online dating profile pic? (Hint: “MySpace” shots and 6-packs are more popular than you’d like to think) [via Effie Kapsalis, SPI]
- The state of art in Haiti: Hyperallergic has a roundup of articles on the situation.
- This is your face on meth . . . A sheriff attempts to prevent addiction through new image-altering software. [via Effie Kapsalis, SPI]
- Get a more in-depth look at John Baldessari after reading his new click! piece with this interview:
Courtesy of the Annenberg Space for Photography.