- Here’s something to stress out electronic archivists. An epic infographic on the staggering size of the internet in 2010 [via Mashable].
- XRF Spectoro-what?? Check out a Star Trek-like analysis of an ancient Egyptian scroll over on the Brooklyn Museum’s blog.
- Whoa! Can you imagine? The sci-fi series Fringe recreates the Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum in a Vancouver high school cafeteria [via @susangittins].
- Gigs I would like: artists peruse the National Museum of the American Indian’s collections for inspiration.
- Early 20th century journeys in Kaifeng, China: travel journals from the Freer|Sackler Archives.
- Soooooo, you’ve probably heard already, but here it goes: The National Archives discovers an altered date on an important Lincoln document.
- Advice in a series of blog posts from Thomas Garnett, Director of the Smithsonian’s Biodiversity Heritage Library, about what to do with your library degree in a challenging economy.
- And related: So, you want to be a librarian?, a la 1947:
Vocational Guidance Films, Inc., "Your Life Work Series: The Librarian," 1947.