- Digitizing photo albums and historic books (submitted via email)
- Storing Slides and Negatives in home vacuum sealed bags
- Bugs on books and papers? (submitted by email)
- I've got mold in my files
- How does the Smithsonian Institution Archives determine which records to keep and which to discard?
- How do I become an Archivist?
- Photograph stuck to glass?
- Stabilization of crumbling materials in archive of DC volunteer organization
- How do I preserve my newspaper?
- How do I preserve my collection of historic 16mm film, audiotape or videotape?
Photograph stuck to glass?
A neighbor has an old photo stuck to glass and was wondering what she might do to remove the glass from the photo. I know you did a blog post about removing photos from old sticky albums. Do you have any advice regarding photos and glass? I poked around on Ask.com to see if there was any info regarding this topic. One website talked about heating the glass, microwaving the glass/photo unit, or soaking the whole thing. I can't believe that is right after seeing what you do to keep things dry. Anyway, I thought I would just pass this along to you. For you interest, the website I was looking at is: http://www.aleslombergar.com/forum/anyone-know-how-to-unstick-photos-fro...