- Digitizing photo albums and historic books (submitted via email)
- Storing Slides and Negatives in home vacuum sealed bags
- Bugs on books and papers? (submitted by email)
- I've got mold in my files
- How does the Smithsonian Institution Archives determine which records to keep and which to discard?
- How do I become an Archivist?
- Photograph stuck to glass?
- Stabilization of crumbling materials in archive of DC volunteer organization
- How do I preserve my newspaper?
- How do I preserve my collection of historic 16mm film, audiotape or videotape?
A laminated old Official document
An appointment document of Giles B. Jackson (Esq.) by Theodore Roosevelt as honorary "Colonel" for the 1905 Presidential Inaugural Parade, Washington, DC, was laminated in 1989 using an adhesive backed polymer sheeting pressed onto the document which was then framed. I would like to have it restored and believe that it is not beyond saving. After restoration, I wish to have it encapsulated to preserve it for years to come.