Narrow Your Results
Filter Your Results
Smithsonian Museum & Research Centers InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting the history and research of major Smithsonian divisions. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by museum or research center.
- National Museum of Natural History (143)
- United States National Museum (137)
- All (36)
- Smithsonian Institution Building (9)
- Smithsonian American Art Museum (5)
- Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (5)
- National Zoological Park (5)
- Freer Gallery of Art (4)
- National Air and Space Museum (4)
- Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute (4)
- National Museum of American History (3)
- + Show More
- - Show Less
Personal Papers InformationClose Browse papers and special collections created by institutions and persons who have contributed to and collaborated with the Smithsonian. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics and disciplines.
Smithsonian Secretaries InformationClose Browse records and papers of the Smithsonian Secretaries, from 1846 until today. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by individuals who have held that office.
Smithsonian Records InformationClose Browse official records created at the Smithsonian Institution’s museums, research centers, libraries, and archives, now in the Smithsonian Institution Archives’ collections. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics or disciplines.
Expeditions InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting scientific and collecting expeditions either affiliated with the Smithsonian, or with which Smithsonian researchers participated. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by geographic regions predominantly represented in expedition records.
Professional Societies InformationClose Browse records of professional societies closely associated with the Smithsonian, that focus on areas of scientific research and museum studies. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics and disciplines.
Oral Histories InformationClose Browse oral and video history collections containing interviews with current and retired Smithsonian staff, and others who have made significant contributions to the Institution. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics or disciplines.
Charles D. Walcott at Grand Canyon
- Charles D. Walcott at Grand Canyon
- Charles Doolittle Walcott (1850-1927), paleontologist and fourth Secretary of the Smithsonian (1907-1927), stands viewing the Grand Canyon
- No restrictions
- Paleontology, Secretaries, Geology, Explorations and Expeditions, Secretariats, Scientific expeditions
- Walcott, Charles D (Charles Doolittle) 1850-1927
- Historic Images of the Smithsonian
- Grand Canyon (Ariz.)
- Photographic print, Person, candid
- Local Number:
- 83-14116 or 75-2248
- Physical Description:
- Color: Black and White; Size: 7.25w x 9.5h; Type of Image: Person, candid; Medium: Photographic print
- Full Record:
Using the Archives' Collections