Narrow Your Results
Filter Your Results
Expeditions InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting scientific and collecting expeditions either affiliated with the Smithsonian, or with which Smithsonian researchers participated. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by geographic regions predominantly represented in expedition records.
Collections Storage, Luray, Virginia
- Collections Storage, Luray, Virginia
- The date is inferred from notations on other photos of the facility contained in this location.
- October 28, 1944. Wartime storage of the United States National Museum (USNM) collections Luray, Virginia, near Shenandoah National Park. Photo shows storage containers covered with a tarp. The USNM collections were transferred to a storage facility in Luray, Virginia for safekeeping during World War II.
- Contained in:
- Smithsonian Institution Archives Record Unit 192 Box 546 Folder 2
- No restrictions
- Wartime Activities, National Collections, World War, 1939-1945, Luray (Va.), Storage
- United States. National Park Service
- Historic Images of the Smithsonian
- Shenandoah National Park (Va.)
- Photographic print, Interior
- Local Number:
- Physical Description:
- Color: Black and White; Size: 3 x 2; Type of Image: Interior; Medium: Photographic print
- Full Record:
Using the Archives' Collections
Note: In order to access PDFs, you must have the Adobe Acrobat Reader software which is available free of charge.