Narrow Your Results
Filter Your Results
Smithsonian Secretaries InformationClose Browse records and papers of the Smithsonian Secretaries, from 1846 until today. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by individuals who have held that office.
Smithsonian Museum & Research Centers InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting the history and research of major Smithsonian divisions. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by museum or research center.
- United States National Museum (94)
- National Museum of American History (88)
- Freer Gallery of Art (86)
- Smithsonian American Art Museum (75)
- All (67)
- National Museum of Natural History (52)
- National Air and Space Museum (40)
- National Zoological Park (40)
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden (28)
- Smithsonian Institution Building (21)
- National Portrait Gallery (18)
- National Museum of African Art (11)
- Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (10)
- Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute (9)
- Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum (8)
- National Museum of the American Indian (4)
- Anacostia Neighborhood Museum (3)
- National Postal Museum (3)
- + Show More
- - Show Less
Smithsonian Records InformationClose Browse official records created at the Smithsonian Institution’s museums, research centers, libraries, and archives, now in the Smithsonian Institution Archives’ collections. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics or disciplines.
Personal Papers InformationClose Browse papers and special collections created by institutions and persons who have contributed to and collaborated with the Smithsonian. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics and disciplines.
Oral Histories InformationClose Browse oral and video history collections containing interviews with current and retired Smithsonian staff, and others who have made significant contributions to the Institution. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics or disciplines.
Bronze Statue of Laddie Boy
- Bronze Statue of Laddie Boy
- A man stands besides the bronze statue of Laddie Boy designed by Bashka Paeff. Laddie Boy was President Warren Harding's Airedale. The inscription reads "Laddie Boy, cast from the pennies of newsboys throughout the nation in memory of Warren Gamaliel Harding, their friend". It was a gift of the Roosevelt Newsboys' Association.
- No restrictions
- Laddie Boy, Statues, Bronze, Paeff, Bashka, Dogs, Animals, Newsboys, Gifts, Pennies, Roosevelt Newsboys' Association
- Harding, Warren G (Warren Gamaliel) 1865-1923
- Historic Images of the Smithsonian
- Photographic print, Exhibit
- Local Number:
- SIA2009-0445 and 811
- Physical Description:
- Color: Black and White; Size: 10w x 8h; Type of Image: Exhibit; Medium: Photographic print
- Full Record:
Using the Archives' Collections