Narrow Your Results
Filter Your Results
Smithsonian Secretaries InformationClose Browse records and papers of the Smithsonian Secretaries, from 1846 until today. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by individuals who have held that office.
- All (104)
- Charles D Walcott (25)
- Joseph Henry (23)
- Sidney Dillon Ripley (16)
- S. P Langley (16)
- Spencer Fullerton Baird (15)
- G. Wayne Clough (11)
- Leonard Carmichael (10)
- Alexander Wetmore (9)
- C. G Abbot (8)
- Ira Michael Heyman (7)
- Lawrence M Small (6)
- Robert McCormick Adams (3)
- + Show More
- - Show Less
Smithsonian Museum & Research Centers InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting the history and research of major Smithsonian divisions. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by museum or research center.
- United States National Museum (96)
- Freer Gallery of Art (91)
- National Museum of American History (91)
- All (82)
- Smithsonian American Art Museum (75)
- National Museum of Natural History (59)
- National Air and Space Museum (43)
- National Zoological Park (43)
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden (32)
- National Portrait Gallery (22)
- Smithsonian Institution Building (21)
- National Museum of African Art (14)
- Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (12)
- Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute (9)
- Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum (8)
- National Museum of the American Indian (5)
- Anacostia Neighborhood Museum (4)
- National Postal Museum (3)
- + Show More
- - Show Less
Smithsonian Records InformationClose Browse official records created at the Smithsonian Institution’s museums, research centers, libraries, and archives, now in the Smithsonian Institution Archives’ collections. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics or disciplines.
Expeditions InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting scientific and collecting expeditions either affiliated with the Smithsonian, or with which Smithsonian researchers participated. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by geographic regions predominantly represented in expedition records.
Professional Societies InformationClose Browse records of professional societies closely associated with the Smithsonian, that focus on areas of scientific research and museum studies. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics and disciplines.
Personal Papers InformationClose Browse papers and special collections created by institutions and persons who have contributed to and collaborated with the Smithsonian. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics and disciplines.
Oral Histories InformationClose Browse oral and video history collections containing interviews with current and retired Smithsonian staff, and others who have made significant contributions to the Institution. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics or disciplines.
Bronze Statue of Laddie Boy
- Bronze Statue of Laddie Boy
- Harding, Warren G
- Data Source:
- Smithsonian Archives - History Div
- A man stands besides the bronze statue of Laddie Boy designed by Bashka Paeff. Laddie Boy was President Warren Harding's Airedale. The inscription reads "Laddie Boy, cast from the pennies of newsboys throughout the nation in memory of Warren Gamaliel Harding, their friend". It was a gift of the Roosevelt Newsboys' Association.
- Contained in:
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Record Unit 285, Box 18, Folder: 7
- No restrictions
- Laddie Boy, Statues, Bronze, Paeff, Bashka, Dogs, Animals, Newsboys, Gifts, Pennies, Roosevelt Newsboys' Association
- Harding, Warren G (Warren Gamaliel) 1865-1923
- Historic Images of the Smithsonian
- Photographic print, Exhibit
- Local Number:
- SIA2009-0445 and 811
- Physical Description:
- Color: Black and White; Size: 10w x 8h; Type of Image: Exhibit; Medium: Photographic print
- Full Record:
Using the Archives' Collections
Note: In order to access PDFs, you must have the Adobe Acrobat Reader software which is available free of charge.