Narrow Your Results
Filter Your Results
Smithsonian Museum & Research Centers InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting the history and research of major Smithsonian divisions. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by museum or research center.
- National Museum of American History (40)
- All (10)
- United States National Museum (10)
- Smithsonian Institution Building (5)
- National Postal Museum (3)
- National Air and Space Museum (2)
- Freer Gallery of Art (1)
- Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (1)
- National Museum of Natural History (1)
- National Zoological Park (1)
- + Show More
- - Show Less
Smithsonian Records InformationClose Browse official records created at the Smithsonian Institution’s museums, research centers, libraries, and archives, now in the Smithsonian Institution Archives’ collections. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics or disciplines.
Expeditions InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting scientific and collecting expeditions either affiliated with the Smithsonian, or with which Smithsonian researchers participated. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by geographic regions predominantly represented in expedition records.
Foucault Pendulum and the Star-Spangled Banner
- Tinsley, Jeff
- Foucault Pendulum and the Star-Spangled Banner
- Star-Spangled Banner
- Data Source:
- Smithsonian Archives - History Div
- Image of the Center Hall of the National Museum of American History, prior to its 2008 renovation. Inside the Center Hall, a group of visitors pause for a look at two favorite attractions of the museum, the Foucault pendulum and the awe-inspiring Star-Spangled Banner.
- Contained in:
- Smithsonian Institution Archives Accession 98-015, Box 2, Folder: Torch November 1993
- No restrictions
- Earth--Rotation, Entrance halls, Flags, Foucault's pendulum, Museum visitors, Pendulum, Exhibitions, Artifacts
- National Museum of American History (U.S.) (NMAH), Star-Spangled Banner (Flag), Pendulum Hall (MHT)
- Historic Images of the Smithsonian
- Photographic print, Interior
- Local Number:
- 93-13286-2 and SIA2008-2449
- Physical Description:
- Color: Black and White; Size: 8w x 10h; Type of Image: Interior; Medium: Photographic print
- Full Record:
Using the Archives' Collections
Note: In order to access PDFs, you must have the Adobe Acrobat Reader software which is available free of charge.