Narrow Your Results
Filter Your Results
Smithsonian Secretaries InformationClose Browse records and papers of the Smithsonian Secretaries, from 1846 until today. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by individuals who have held that office.
Smithsonian Records InformationClose Browse official records created at the Smithsonian Institution’s museums, research centers, libraries, and archives, now in the Smithsonian Institution Archives’ collections. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics or disciplines.
Smithsonian Museum & Research Centers InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting the history and research of major Smithsonian divisions. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by museum or research center.
- All (4)
- Smithsonian American Art Museum (4)
- National Air and Space Museum (3)
- Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (3)
- United States National Museum (3)
- Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute (2)
- National Zoological Park (2)
- Freer Gallery of Art (1)
- National Museum of American History (1)
- National Portrait Gallery (1)
- National Museum of Natural History (1)
- + Show More
- - Show Less
Hunsaker Receives Langley Medal
- Hunsaker Receives Langley Medal
- April 14, 1955
- Torch, 5/1955, p. 5
- Annual Report of the Smithsonian Institution for the year 1955, p. 9-10
- Regent Dr. Jerome Clarke Hunsaker, chair of the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics, is presented the Langley Gold Medal for Aerodromics by Chief Justice Earl Warren in recognition of his record of accomplishment in aeronautics dating from World War I. The medal was presented at a banquet sponsored by the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics held in the Great Hall of the Smithsonian Building. The occasion also marked the fortieth anniversary of the founding of the National Advisory Committee.
- Aeronautics, Awards
- Hunsaker, Jerome C (Jerome Clarke) 1886-1984, Samuel P. Langley Gold Medal for Aerodromics
- Chronology of Smithsonian History
- Full Record:
Using the Archives' Collections