Narrow Your Results
Filter Your Results
Smithsonian Museum & Research Centers InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting the history and research of major Smithsonian divisions. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by museum or research center.
Smithsonian Secretaries InformationClose Browse records and papers of the Smithsonian Secretaries, from 1846 until today. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by individuals who have held that office.
Smithsonian Records InformationClose Browse official records created at the Smithsonian Institution’s museums, research centers, libraries, and archives, now in the Smithsonian Institution Archives’ collections. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics or disciplines.
Chickens That Disrupted the Nixon 1973 Inaugural Ball
- Chickens That Disrupted the Nixon 1973 Inaugural Ball
- January 20, 1973
- Chickens exhibited as part of an exhibit on American farm life at the National Museum of History and Technology, now the National Museum of American History. One of these chickens escaped during President Nixon's Inaugural Ball at the museum on January 20, 1973. Eighth Secretary S. Dillon Ripley captured the escaped chicken while it was bothering a female guest
- No restrictions
- Inaugural Balls, Chickens, Inaugurations, Exhibitions, Inauguration Day
- Nixon, Richard M (Richard Milhous) 1913-, Ripley, Sidney Dillon 1913-, Agnew, Spiro Theodore, National Museum of History and Technology (U.S.), National Museum of American History (U.S.) (NMAH), Museum of History and Technology (U.S.), United States President (1969-1974 : Nixon)
- Historic Images of the Smithsonian
- Event, Photographic print, Exhibit
- Local Number:
- SIA2009-0415 and 73-688-22A
- Physical Description:
- Number of Images: 1; Color: Black and white; Size: 10w x 8h; Type of Image: Event; Exhibit; Medium: Photographic print
- Full Record:
Using the Archives' Collections