Narrow Your Results
Filter Your Results
Expeditions InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting scientific and collecting expeditions either affiliated with the Smithsonian, or with which Smithsonian researchers participated. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by geographic regions predominantly represented in expedition records.
Smithsonian Museum & Research Centers InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting the history and research of major Smithsonian divisions. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by museum or research center.
- Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (31)
- United States National Museum (11)
- National Museum of Natural History (10)
- National Zoological Park (9)
- National Air and Space Museum (5)
- All (3)
- National Museum of the American Indian (3)
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden (2)
- Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute (2)
- Freer Gallery of Art (1)
- Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum (1)
- Smithsonian American Art Museum (1)
- National Portrait Gallery (1)
- National Museum of African Art (1)
- + Show More
- - Show Less
Personal Papers InformationClose Browse papers and special collections created by institutions and persons who have contributed to and collaborated with the Smithsonian. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics and disciplines.
Smithsonian Secretaries InformationClose Browse records and papers of the Smithsonian Secretaries, from 1846 until today. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by individuals who have held that office.
Smithsonian Records InformationClose Browse official records created at the Smithsonian Institution’s museums, research centers, libraries, and archives, now in the Smithsonian Institution Archives’ collections. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics or disciplines.
Walcott Family in the Grand Canyon
- Walcott Family in the Grand Canyon
- May 2, 1903
- From the George P. Merrill Collection, photographs assembled by Merrill (1854-1929), Curator of Geology in the United States National Museum from 1897 until his death, for his two works on the history of American Geology. In addition, the collection contains many photographs and portraits of Merrill's contemporaries in the Smithsonian Institution and the geological sciences
- The Walcott family on a field trip in the Grand Canyon, Arizona. Included are family members Charles D. Walcott, wife Helena B. S. Walcott, and sons Sidney and Charles, Jr. All are riding horses
- For permission to reproduce or publish, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-357-1420. To order reproductions, call 202-633-1933 or contact email@example.com
- Secretaries, Field trips, Horses, Scientific expeditions
- Walcott, Charles D (Charles Doolittle) 1850-1927, Walcott, Helena Breese Stevens, Walcott, Charles Doolittle, Jr, Walcott, Sidney Stevens
- Historic Images of the Smithsonian
- Arizona, Grand Canyon (Ariz.)
- Landscape, Group, candid, Photographic print
- Local Number:
- Physical Description:
- Number of Images: 1; Color: Black and white; Size: 4.6w x 3.5h; Type of Image: Group, candid; Landscape; Medium: Photographic print
- Full Record:
Using the Archives' Collections