Narrow Your Results
Filter Your Results
Smithsonian Museum & Research Centers InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting the history and research of major Smithsonian divisions. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by museum or research center.
- National Museum of American History (66)
- United States National Museum (55)
- National Museum of Natural History (51)
- Smithsonian Institution Building (48)
- National Air and Space Museum (32)
- Smithsonian American Art Museum (24)
- National Zoological Park (15)
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden (14)
- Freer Gallery of Art (10)
- National Portrait Gallery (8)
- Anacostia Neighborhood Museum (7)
- All (6)
- National Museum of the American Indian (5)
- Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum (4)
- National Postal Museum (3)
- National Museum of African Art (3)
- Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute (1)
- + Show More
- - Show Less
Expeditions InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting scientific and collecting expeditions either affiliated with the Smithsonian, or with which Smithsonian researchers participated. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by geographic regions predominantly represented in expedition records.
Smithsonian Secretaries InformationClose Browse records and papers of the Smithsonian Secretaries, from 1846 until today. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by individuals who have held that office.
Smithsonian Records InformationClose Browse official records created at the Smithsonian Institution’s museums, research centers, libraries, and archives, now in the Smithsonian Institution Archives’ collections. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics or disciplines.
Exhibit "The Rat: Man's Invited Affliction"
- Exhibit "The Rat: Man's Invited Affliction"
- This image was published in the Smithsonian Institution Annual Report for 1970 on p. 109
- Visitors at the "The Rat: Man's Invited Affliction" exhibit at the Anacostia Neighborhood Museum. The exhibit was on display from November 16, 1969 to January 31, 1970
- For permission to reproduce or publish, contact email@example.com or call 202-633-5870. To order reproductions, call 202-633-1933 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- African Americans, Children, Exhibitions, Museum visitors, Rat
- Anacostia Museum and Center for African American History and Culture, Anacostia Community Museum, Anacostia Neighborhood Museum, The Rat: Man's Invited Affliction (Exhibition) (Date: 1969-1970 Anacostia Neighborhood Museum)
- Historic Images of the Smithsonian
- Photographic print, Group, candid, Exhibit
- Local Number:
- Physical Description:
- Number of Images: 1; Color: black and white; Size: 10w x 8h; Type of Image: Exhibit; Group; Medium: Photographic print
- Full Record:
Using the Archives' Collections