Narrow Your Results
Filter Your Results
Expeditions InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting scientific and collecting expeditions either affiliated with the Smithsonian, or with which Smithsonian researchers participated. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by geographic regions predominantly represented in expedition records.
Professional Societies InformationClose Browse records of professional societies closely associated with the Smithsonian, that focus on areas of scientific research and museum studies. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics and disciplines.
Smithsonian Museum & Research Centers InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting the history and research of major Smithsonian divisions. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by museum or research center.
Smithsonian Secretaries InformationClose Browse records and papers of the Smithsonian Secretaries, from 1846 until today. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by individuals who have held that office.
Smithsonian Records InformationClose Browse official records created at the Smithsonian Institution’s museums, research centers, libraries, and archives, now in the Smithsonian Institution Archives’ collections. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics or disciplines.
Florence Hedges (1878-1956)
- Florence Hedges (1878-1956)
- Hedges, Florence
- Data Source:
- Smithsonian Institution Archives
- Florence Hedges (1878-1956) was a pioneering plant pathologist who worked for most of her career at the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry.
- Cite As:
- Acc. 90-105 - Science Service, Records, 1920s-1970s, Smithsonian Institution Archives
- Plant diseases, Botany, Women scientists
- Hedges, Florence 1878-1956, United States Bureau of Plant Industry
- Black-and-White Prints
- Local Number:
- SIA Acc. 90-105 [SIA-SIA2008-3594]
- Full Record:
Using the Archives' Collections
Note: In order to access PDFs, you must have the Adobe Acrobat Reader software which is available free of charge.