Narrow Your Results
Filter Your Results
Expeditions InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting scientific and collecting expeditions either affiliated with the Smithsonian, or with which Smithsonian researchers participated. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by geographic regions predominantly represented in expedition records.
Smithsonian Museum & Research Centers InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting the history and research of major Smithsonian divisions. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by museum or research center.
Smithsonian Secretaries InformationClose Browse records and papers of the Smithsonian Secretaries, from 1846 until today. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by individuals who have held that office.
Professional Societies InformationClose Browse records of professional societies closely associated with the Smithsonian, that focus on areas of scientific research and museum studies. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics and disciplines.
Smithsonian Records InformationClose Browse official records created at the Smithsonian Institution’s museums, research centers, libraries, and archives, now in the Smithsonian Institution Archives’ collections. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics or disciplines.
Charles Suydam Cutting (1889-1972)
- Charles Suydam Cutting (1889-1972)
- Charles Suydam Cutting (1889-1972) was famous as the first Westerner to enter the Forbidden City in Lhasa, Tibet, and as a member of the Field Museum's Kelley-Roosevelt Expedition to Eastern Asia
- Cite As:
- Acc. 90-105 - Science Service, Records, 1920s-1970s, Smithsonian Institution Archives
- Scientific expeditions, Discovery and exploration
- Cutting, C. Suydam (Charles Suydam) 1889-1972, Field Museum of Natural History
- Tibet (China)
- Black-and-white photographs
- Local Number:
- SIA Acc. 90-105 [SIA2008-0775]
- Full Record:
Using the Archives' Collections