Narrow Your Results
Filter Your Results
Expeditions InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting scientific and collecting expeditions either affiliated with the Smithsonian, or with which Smithsonian researchers participated. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by geographic regions predominantly represented in expedition records.
Smithsonian Museum & Research Centers InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting the history and research of major Smithsonian divisions. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by museum or research center.
Smithsonian Secretaries InformationClose Browse records and papers of the Smithsonian Secretaries, from 1846 until today. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by individuals who have held that office.
Charles Suydam Cutting (1889-1972)
- Charles Suydam Cutting (1889-1972)
- Charles Suydam Cutting (1889-1972) was famous as the first Westerner to enter the Forbidden City in Lhasa, Tibet, and as a member of the Field Museum's Kelley-Roosevelt Expedition to Eastern Asia
- Cite As:
- Acc. 90-105 - Science Service, Records, 1920s-1970s, Smithsonian Institution Archives
- Scientific expeditions, Discovery and exploration
- Cutting, C. Suydam (Charles Suydam) 1889-1972, Field Museum of Natural History
- Tibet (China)
- Black-and-white photographs
- Local Number:
- SIA Acc. 90-105 [SIA2008-0775]
- Full Record:
Using the Archives' Collections