The Bigger Picture: Visual Archives and the Smithsonian
Link Love: 8/15/2014
by Mitch Toda on August 15, 2014
- It's official - the Smithsonian Transcription Center is ready for all you volunteers to help transcribe test from diaries to specimen labels to coins. [via Smithsonian Science]
- If you couldn't make it to this year's Society of American Archivists Annual Meeting in Washington, DC, you can follow along at the conference twitter stream, #saa14.
- Think your air conditioner is not cold enough, early Smithsonian staff working in the non-air conditioned space of the United States National Museum building, now the National Museum of Natural History, came up with their own way to keep their spaces cool. [via Smithsonian Collections Blog]
- With Shark Week coming to a close, take a look at the state of sharks today, 40 years after the publication of Jaws. [via Smithsonian Magazine]
- From the Smithsonian Institution Libraries - Awesome GIFs made from their collections. [via Wired Design]
Leave a comment
Connecting you to America’s past with a behind-the-scenes exploration of the Smithsonian’s history, treasures, and the challenges that Archives face preserving collections. More details...