The Bigger Picture: Visual Archives and the Smithsonian
Link Love: 6/13/2014
by Mitch Toda on June 13, 2014
- A unique collection indeed - North Carolina State University is developing a digital library of dyes. [via InfoDocket]
- Announced this week: Melissa Chiu, currently the museum director and senior vice president for Global Arts and Cultural Programs for the Asia Society in New York City, was named the director of the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden.
- Indiana University Libraries Moving Image Archive launched a new digital online exhibit of World War II propaganda films. [via Kira Sobers, SIA]
- Members Only - A look at the characters who made up the membership of the Royal Institution. [via Royal Institution Blog]
- Who knew? - Roy Lichtenstein's, Modern Head, outside of the Smithsonian American Art Museum gets cleaned with dishwashing liquid. [via Eye Level, SAAM]
- The Biodiversity Heritage Library adds the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign as its 16th member. [via InfoDocket]
- Another use for Legos - Cable management! [via Core77]
- Talk about a passion - Tim Jenison, a Texas-based inventor and computer graphics specialist, quest to determine the painting techniques of Dutch master, Johannes Vermeer. [via Colossal]
Leave a comment
Connecting you to America’s past with a behind-the-scenes exploration of the Smithsonian’s history, treasures, and the challenges that Archives face preserving collections. More details...