The Bigger Picture: Visual Archives and the Smithsonian
Link Love: 3/14/2014
by Mitch Toda on March 14, 2014
- Happy Birthday World Wide Web! You are 25 years old today. Here's a look back at what websites used to look like. [via Jennifer Wright, SIA]
- The Smithsonian announced this week the selection of its 13th Secretary, Dr. David J. Skorton, president of Cornell University, who will officially start in July 2015.
- Libraries continue to redefine their physical spaces in response to the changing needs of their users. [via The New York Times]
- A look inside what goes on behind the scenes at the Library of Congress' Veteran's History Project. [via The Signal: Digital Preservation, LOC]
- A personal experience of a researcher at the Archives. [via Effie Kapsalis, SIA]
- In February, we lost Dr. Martin E. Sullivan, the National Portrait Gallery's fifth director. [via facetoface blog, NPG]
- Coming up at the beginning of April is the 50th anniversary of Jerrie Mock becoming the first woman to fly around the world. [via AirSpace, NASM]
- Want to make a difference? Consider becoming a Presidential Innovation Fellow. [via AOTUS: Collector in Chief, NARA]
Leave a comment
Connecting you to America’s past with a behind-the-scenes exploration of the Smithsonian’s history, treasures, and the challenges that Archives face preserving collections. More details...